Saturday, October 13, 2007

oooOOOOOoooo....

For my 3D Animation class, I decided to model a grandfather clock. I figured it would be something complex enough to look good to the teacher, but (hopefully) straightforward enough for me to model with my (very) limited skills in Maya. So my mom and I took a trip to downtown Zionsville to visit the Village Clock Shop, which is full of clocks of all sizes, all set to different times, all chiming and ringing at random intervals. All in all, a pretty cool place. I found a grandfather clock toward the back of the store that I really liked. Very simple compared to a lot of the other models, with a slightly modern touch...but still extremely classy and elegant. I took about 50 pictures of it (no joke), and then we went about the rest of our day.

The next day, I was just poking around online to see if I could find the clock on the maker's website. Lo and behold, the clock was on the first page under the model name "Jerome". Which is incredibly ironic/awesome because that is exactly what my actual maternal grandfather's name was. Jerome J. Gatz. So this project took just took on a whole new meaning. I just hope I can pull this off the way I want to.






ps: Here's an awesome picture I got of the inside of the clock....I'm going to have to get a print of this made.



pps: I really am working on that whole "draw something every day" thing. I've been house-sitting for the past few days and don't have ready access to the internet.

No comments: