Saturday, November 17, 2007

road rage!

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm pretty laid back and it takes a lot to get me angry. It seems the only time I get TRULY fed up is when I'm driving...which, I realize, is probably the worst place for that to happen. I confess I do get a bit of the road rage. I yell and criticize people's driving, I have honked my horn on a few occasions...but all of my rage remains within my own car.

Today was the first day I actually wanted to get out of my car and smack someone upside the head.

Here's the story:
I'm driving up Meridian in the right hand lane, cruising at my normal speed. I notice that up ahead, there's one of the dreaded IndyGo buses that nobody wants to get stuck behind. So, as I approach a traffic light with a line of cars in the left lane, the light turns green and I end up passing them. I then got into the left lane in front of this red car that had previously been leading (as if this were a race). The next light turns red, and I stop like any normal person would do. Now get this: the red car gets into the left TURN lane, and WHILE THE LIGHT IS STILL RED, gets in front of me. This girl, because I could see by then that it was some blonde chick, is hanging out in the middle of the intersection just so she could get in front of me. Needless to say, when the light turned green, she cut in front of me and drove off. I honked my horn for about five seconds. Oh, and here's the fun part...not ONE block past that light, she puts on her left turn signal, sits there--blocking me and the rest of the traffic behind me--and waits for oncoming traffic to stop before turning into some empty parking lot. Apparently she couldn't wait one car length to get to there. Apparently four seconds was WAY too long for someone of her obvious importance to waste obeying traffic laws.

People who think they own the road really get to me.

Arg!



Okay, I'm better.



.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey - that was me in the red car! I was wearing the new blonde wig I bought today, which I *was* going to show you in an empty parking lot, but you didn't follow me so I burned the wig and cried all night. Thanks a lot. Jerk.

Lou said...

Blonde doesn't suit you anyway. Dork.

Unknown said...

Well maybe it was awesome, and now you're just upset because you'll never know. That's right. Get, get, get, get, get over it! :P