Monday, November 5, 2007

the grass is greener...

I was thinking several days ago that the colors this fall seem to be a little lackluster compared to past years. Which kind of made me sad, because this is my favorite time of year. I love the wind, the colors, and finally being able to wear long jeans and jackets and not burn up. But the lack of vibrant color was kind of disappointing me.


Lo and behold, on my way into Zionsville yesterday, the trees lining Ford Road are practically BURSTING with bright oranges and reds and yellows. Gorgeous!! Those colors against the blue sky? Perfect!


That just reinforces my theory that Zionsville is in its own little bubble. I swear, anytime there's bad weather coming straight for the area--there can be a long line of red on the radar--and somehow it'll miss Zionsville. And one time, when I still lived in Zionsville, I was driving to work and there was a fog warning. It was hardly foggy, though, until I got outside of the city limits. Then it was like a wall of fog. Weird, that's all I'm saying.

Next update will be on the Colts game (which I went to :D)!

No comments: