Sunday, August 3, 2008

stop playing clock games!

My alarm went off at nine this morning, just like I'd set it to last night. What was unusual about this morning was how incredibly tired I was when it went off. Granted, I fell asleep just after one in the morning, so perhaps my body needed more sleep than it had gotten...But when I kept drifting back into solid sleep over the next two hours, I had to snap myself out of it and get out of bed because there was no way I was sleeping in past eleven. Not when I have schoolwork to finish up!

So I got dressed and plopped down in front of the computer to start on my Digital and Noir Culture class for the day...The first item on my list for that class was watching Pulp Fiction. I'll get back to that later...the real point of this story is the fact that 45 minutes into the movie I happen to glance at the clock and see that it only read 10:00. I looked at the other clock, and it said the same. I looked at my phone. 10:00 in the a.m. I paused the movie and went in to look at my bedside clock.

12:03?

Awesome. I somehow, and it's still a complete mystery to me, but I SOMEHOW managed to reset my clock ahead two hours and three minutes. And in the process I robbed myself of two hours of restful sleep.

I was just baffled, but fully awake...so I laughed it off and went back to the movie.

I'm surprised I liked Pulp Fiction as much as I did. It was interesting, I actually laughed out loud in some areas, and it's something I'll definitely want to watch again.

I'm so behind the curve when it comes to movies...Go me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious. Didn't it seem awfully dark outside still to be 9?

Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece, for sure. It's serious, but not too serious and has a million quotable phrases and situations.

Everytime I sit at a breakfast restaurant or roadside cafe, I think about the intro where they rob the place. When I hear someone talk about a miracle, I think about the gun shots missing that guy in his apartment. So much, from the story about a pocket watch being hidden in an anus, to soundtrack. Genius.

I'm glad you like it!