Friday, February 8, 2008

more random things.

So, I had my first physical therapy session today. Obviously I'm not running and jumping around yet, but it was nice to see where I was at and where I needed to be. Interesting fact of the day: apparently I have hypermobility in my ankles. Or at least my left one. I probably had it in my right before I went and broke it...Basically I can tilt my ankle at more extreme angles than average, which I guess also means I need more strength to keep my ankle stable. Or something like that. So anyway, I've got six exercises to do at home twice a day...and I have to go to physical therapy twice a week for the next six weeks...

I called my ankle doctor's office to see if I could take the boot off yet, since it's been seven weeks and the impression I'd gotten was that after six weeks, I'd be able to go without it. So three hours or so after I'd called, I decide screw it, I'm going out with no boot, damn it. AND I'm going to drive. Because I've been walking around the apartment for the past week or so without the boot and I feel confident. And two months of not driving is more than enough, thank you. So Laura and I went out for a little drive, and it was awesome. Of course, in the middle of the drive my doctor's office called back and told me to wait until my appointment next Tuesday before taking the boot off since they'd be taking an X-ray and checking my progress. Oh well!




So after a little drive we ended up in Starbucks to work on our story and enjoy free coffee. And, of course, to take lots of weird pictures of Colin...





Look! No boot!



And just because I was waiting for Laura to grab money from her brother, and it was interesting lighting, and I'm forever trying to get a good picture of myself because I'm totally vain like that...









Okay done!

No comments: