Thursday, December 6, 2007

weird dreams

Okay, I'm just going right in to it so I don't forget this dream I just had...

I was contacted by the wife of this pastor who's serving the church I did a website for while I was at the Synod office. I still help them maintain it, so this wasn't unusual. But what was unusual was that for some reason, I got it in my head that I had to move up to northwestern Indiana so I could live near the church and work on the site better. ]

At one fuzzy moment, I recall talking to my mom about it. She asked me when I was going and I said something like "Oh, I was thinking now."

And wouldn't you know, I had all my stuff packed in the car. About halfway through the drive it was no longer my mom and me, it was Laura, Jon, and me. On the way we'd decided it was an awesome idea to just drop everything and go live in god-knows-where, Indiana. "That's fine," I say, "they have some extra rooms in their house, so we can stay with them until we find a place." Because apparently I'd stayed at the pastor's house before, no problem.

So we get there and we go right upstairs and put our stuff down, looking through the second story of the house...There was what looked like a little girl's room that was huge...but it had a crib in the middle. And a gigantic luxury bath attached to it. There were two other rooms, but I don't remember them...Anyway!

I walked downstairs to let the couple know we'd taken over the second story of their house, and I hope they don't mind, yatta yatta. Turns out there's some sort of cocktail party going on, and I walk over to the wife and let her know what's up. She gets this look on her face, all apologetic, and tells me the upstairs is actually being used...I tell her it's fine, we'll find somewhere else, thanks anyway.

And just like that, we're out of the house and in some local diner trying to figure out what to do. While I'm apologizing, it comes up that it's my birthday (uh, duh!). I'm looking over available apartments when suddenly Jon puts a stack of presents in front of me. One of which is this gigantic Mac laptop. I forget the others...the laptop was insanely awesome and I asked him "did YOU buy this?!" And he looked all offended and said that of course he did, he wasn't going to STEAL it.

So after playing with the laptop and having some more conversation I don't remember, I look up and tell them, "You know what...I can't drive three hours to and from work every day...I need to stay with my job at Sticky Matters. Plus I'm not done with school until Spring. Maybe we should just go back."

And we did.

No comments: