Thursday, December 27, 2007

ho-hum

Things I've accomplished since my accident:

1. Finished knitting my awesome scarf.
2. Watched five movies.
3. Learned how to play Hearts (and win).
4. Slept over 12 hours in one night for the first time.


I wish I could add "churned out dozens of awesome drawings" to that list, but it figures that inspiration falls short just when I have all the time in the world to draw. This is one of the most frustrating things that I experience. It doesn't matter what I try to draw, nothing is good enough for me. I know I can do better, I know I have it in me...it's just a matter of removing the excess mind-clutter and letting the artwork out. Work stuff doesn't count. I can do that. It's just all of the ideas I have in my head for personal use that are clogged. I feel like I draw more freely with my tablet on my own computer...so hopefully once I go back to my apartment I'll be ableto do something of substance.

I AM going to the art museum tomorrow to check out the Roman art exhibit from the Louvre...so maybe that will help with inspiration.

It'll come back, one way or another. It always does. Just getting this out there for now...I won't badger it to death.






I'm so looking forward to not having to use crutches. My palms ache...

.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The way I see it you have some time. Sleeping more than 12 hours on ONLY one night of the holiday break is simply not enough.

You saw 5 movies? You could do that in one marathon day... See 5 more a day until the ideas burst forth. My suggestion: All of the Harry Potter films currently available. But hey, I'm not a doctor. I just play one around the house.

So anyway - I think you're on the right track. Besides - You got more scarves to make, lady - So get busy. :P hahaha