Saturday, December 22, 2007

Stardust

So I got to get out of the house today! I went along with my mom to the movie rental place and got a bunch of movies to watch. I went to Target too, but I'm not sure if that was a good idea...I was able to get one of those motorized scooter things, but the place was a madhouse, so I was basically in everyone's way. I won't go out to any retail store again until after the holidays, I think... Anyway!

I watched Stardust today. When it was in theatres, I wasn't really interested in seeing it. It looked cliche and overall kind of "meh". But I wanted a variety of movies today, so I decided to give it a chance because I was in the mood for fantasy. Wow. I might have to buy this movie. It struck the same chord in me as Enchanted did. It blended fantasy and just the right amount of reality.

The story was relatively simple, which is perfectly fine with me..because sometimes I'm just not in the mood to pick apart a complex plot. The main character, Tristan, was incredibly endearing...Charlie Cox is just adorable. There is no other way to describe him. Robert DeNiro! His character is surprising, based on what I expected from the commercials. A very pleasant surprise. Everyone is just wonderful...

I can't even say now what it was that I liked so much about the movie. I just know I smiled a lot, the story stayed with me, and I want to see it again. And I want to draw now.

That's how I know a movie was good. Haha!


.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw this movie last night, and I agree - it was really, really good.

DeNiro's role was hilarious (loved how his crew accepted him at the end, too cool.) Pfeiffer was also incredible, and gorgeous. Really awesome performances from all.

I watched this right after watching the first Harry Potter for the first time... Sad, I know - but it made for a great fantasy night.