Tuesday, September 30, 2008

woosh

It was like instantaneous autumn! I left my apartment yesterday and the world was as it has been...and upon returning I find leaves covering half the parking lot and trees that had seemingly turned yellow and orange in a matter of hours! Maybe I just wasn't as observant as I thought when leaving...It just caught me off guard.

Another thing that caught me off guard? Seeing a bicyclist face-plant on the sidewalk in front of Wal-Mart on 86th street two days ago. He was right next to me as I was driving, and for no apparent reason his bike decided it was going to flip over and he ended up head-first on the pavement. It scared the bejeezus out of me. Thankfully, he got up and got back on his bike...so I'm inclined to believe he's okay. Ouch!

And speaking of "ouch", I was also witness to the making of roadkill. A squirrel ran out across the street as the car in front of me was approaching. It looked like the squirrel would make it, but I guess it forgot something on the other side of the road, because it turned around right in front of the car. What I saw next was something akin to a little rodent helicopter spinning out from the back tire then landing back on the road. Nothing gorey, just a little rodent helicopter. It was sad, but apparently I'm a sick individual because I couldn't help laughing. That's the first time I've ever seen anything run over in my life, and it turned out to be more comical than anything. I still felt bad for it!

3 comments:

Jay said...

You made me laugh too, and now I feel bad! Oh well. :)

micheeled said...

I love this blog! keep up good works...its to be nice if we can know each other, do you think so? Woosh

jacobbayn said...

I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great. Custom Stubby Holders