Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the internet is an amazing thing.

I'm pretty sure everybody's Googled their name or somebody else's name at some point in time. I, for one, have found that there is another Lauren Smith working as a graphic designer in California...he's a middle-aged man, though. But anyway, I decided to try Googling my dad's name the other night after talking to him on the phone. Granted, with a name like Steve Smith it's hard to narrow any search results down to find information on my dad in particular...but I was rewarded with my perseverance by this:



That, my friends, is a car that was modeled and skinned by someone on this forum to specifically look like my dad's race car. I have pictures of myself with that car when I was about 5-6 years old. I just thought it was a really neat find...I couldn't find any video of races on youtube, but oh well. I still think this is cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is freaking incredible! Wow. Pretty cool to find a fan-base for your own dad. ;)

By the way, I never really asked, but I didn't know your dad drove formula. That's incredible! I hit the forum already and with the keywords I'm reading more stuff now. Crazy.

Somehow, I don't think I ask enough questions.