Sunday, January 27, 2008

Birthdays 3 and 4

So, birthday celebration #3 was a joint celebration with my mom, who has a birthday this coming Wednesday. We went to Yen Ching with Allison, Chris, and the kids and had awesome chinese food. I don't get to go there often, so it's always a treat. The kids were in rare form. I think Aidan has two volumes- loud and LOUD. Evan made a pretty epic mess on the floor, including crackers, rice, socks, shoes, etc...He seemed pretty pleased with himself. It was pretty funny. We went to Steak 'n' Shake afterwards for--you guessed it!--MILKSHAKES. I drew Brenna a princess on the back of my placemat thing. It was honestly one of my best pieces of SnS art, but alas..I didn't take a picture of it before I gave it to her. Ah well! It was fun. I always love spending time with them!


And last but not least, birthday celebration #4 was with my dad. He came up for the day and we hung around the apartment, went shopping for a new keyboard and mouse, then went to dinner. We always seem to end up at Macaroni Grill, because it's one of my favorite restaurants. I like being able to color on the table while you wait for your food. And their bread is great. Here is what my dad and I came up with for the evening:


I just had at it!


My dad's handiwork...ignore the shadow of me taking a picture!


This is what the table looked like when we were through with it..haHA!


I'll be uploading a picture of the present my dad gave me once I have it in place. He got me this gorgeous jade flower plant..it's really hard to describe, but it's beautiful. It has little white stone flowers and from a distance almost looks real. I'll be putting it on my desk at work, so I'll take a picture of it there. My dad's always been good at finding unusual pretty things for me, and this birthday was no exception.

You'll see!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! It must be the finest table in all of Macaroni Grill. It's almost sad you couldn't keep the paper. I guess through the picture, you kinda do keep it.

As an outsider to the situation, the drawings on the table tell the tale of a really fun dinner.

Oh, and Mr. Duck is pretty cool too. Not bad, Lou's Dad. ;)

Lou said...

Haha...That's something he's drawn since I could remember. I don't know where it came from, but Mr. Duck always makes an appearance somewhere.